College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A2: Informative Essay

3 posters

Go down

A2: Informative Essay Empty A2: Informative Essay

Post  NancyLove Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey guys,

Posted below is my proposal paragraph. Please feel free to add any suggestions or comments that may help me produce a really good paper! Smile

Abortion is a medical procedure that dates back to more than a hundred years ago. It's existence has caused several controversial debates around the world. Even some “iconic” figures in the media choose to separate themselves from the mere topic because of the sensitivity it possesses. There are many reasons behind women choosing to go through with abortion that some may not agree upon. What people in society do not realize is how hard this choice is to make and the long term effects that may develop overtime. Psychological issues or after effects have been linked to females who undergo the procedure. Almost similar to women who suffer from postpartum depression, the psychological effects after having an abortion are very complex. Do all women who have abortions go through some sort of mental breakdown in the course of their lives? Do some women learn to deal with it and move on or do some women not recover at all?

NancyLove ©️

Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading. Smile

NancyLove

Back to top Go down

A2: Informative Essay Empty Re: A2: Informative Essay

Post  Vianela Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:22 am

Hello, Smile

I like the ideas you have so far for your proposal, abortion is not an easy topic to discuss. What type of feelings and symptoms do women who have experienced abortion typical feel? This could be something you can include under people in society not realizing how hard the decision is, since they only look at what they are doing and not why. I would really like to read you other paragraphs.

Hope this Help..Keep up the good work.

Vianela

Back to top Go down

Post  ChenelleM Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:00 am

Great start! Thanks for Posting!!! Very Happy

Ok abortion can be a difficult topic, because people have strong feelings about the subject. I like the fact that you were able to neutralize it by discussing both the positive and negative effects an abortion has on women who chose this procedure!

Just remember to always remain neutral, and to support your main ideas with facts, and your essay will be great. Good Job.

Here is a link to help you come up with a thesis statement. Every great essay needs a focused and concise thesis statement.

How to Write a Research Paper Thesis

Last edited by ChenelleM on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

ChenelleM

Back to top Go down

A2: Informative Essay Empty Reply to feedback

Post  NancyLove Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Hey guys,

I appreciate the quick and useful feedback you gave me. Thanks for the link ChenelleM. As for my topic, I know it's a very scary one to touch considering that no one ever likes to talk about it. At this particular stage in my life, I don't feel as if I'm pro-life or pro-choice. I'm kind of sitting in the middle and not taking any sides because for me, it's a very hard decision that has it's pros and cons. I guess this is why I am able to neutralize and separate myself from the topic so I don't end up turning my paper into a persuasive essay. Take note guys, if you are working on a topic that you feel strongly about, I suggest that you have a divorce arranged lol. What I really mean is, don't get too attached to your topic. Our task is to write an objective essay and not a persuasive one. You're not trying to convince your reader to agree with your opinions.

An example of a topic that would not work FOR ME, would be teen pregnancy. I wouldn't really know how to separate myself from the topic considering that teen pregnancy is something that is almost "normal" to see. Some people might argue and say the rates of teen pregnancy are much higher in low income areas rather than high income areas. I would definitely defend that statement considering that I live in a low income area. And although teen pregnancy exists, there are also many young individuals that are going to school, working, volunteering, and trying to make a positive name for themselves. So I don't know how teen pregnancy could possibly work for me as a topic, but to those of you who can, much more respect to you. Sorry for killing you with so much to read but I do hope this helps.
Again, thank you guys for the feedback and I encourage others to add their comments as well. Smile

NancyLove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down