College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal Informative Essay

3 posters

Go down

Proposal Informative Essay Empty Proposal Informative Essay

Post  Kim Anh Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Here is my proposal informative essay. If anyone have any feedback for my proposal it will be great because it will help to improve my Englsh. Thanks

With our federal govermenment pumping one point five (1.5) billion dollars over the next seven years in Biofuels program, corn-based ethanol is our future. However, despite the financial support, corn-based ethanol is not without its flaws. The facts reveal that corn-based ethanol is a temporary solution for the present, but it will have disastrous implication in our future. Facts state that corn-based ethanol will be cheaper than gas. As true as that may be they should look at all of the facts because if something helps one area, it doea not mean it helps all aspects of it. The truth is corn-based ethanol burns cleaner than gas, but unfortunately the process of growing corn is anything but friendly to the environment. There are a wide variety of other fuel options that do not harm the economy and environment. Until we are able to find a sensible remedy to the gas issue at hard, we must keep our options open and look at finding other responsible ethical solution to fueling our economy.

Hopefully everyone can enjoy my writing.

Thanks

Kim Anh

Back to top Go down

Proposal Informative Essay Empty Feedback

Post  NancyLove Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Kim Anh,

I read your proposal and found that it was quite interesting. Although there were minor errors in the very beginning, I thought your ideas and sentences had a nice flow. As for now, there was one particular sentence that had me thinking about what you actually meant. You said, "Until we are able to find a sensible remedy to the gas issue at hard..." My question is, what do you mean when you say "the gas issue at hard"? To me, it sounded a bit weird but I'm not sure as to how you wanted to present that sentence so please enlighten me. The second thing I want to comment on, is how to properly include numbers in your writing. In the first sentence you said, "With our federal govermenment pumping one point five (1.5) billion dollars over the next seven years in Biofuels program, corn-based ethanol is our future." You don't actually have to write 1.5 in words and then have the numeral in brackets. You can simply put $1.5 billion as opposed to writing everything out (saves your word count). Now I really don't want to confuse you with the rules of writing numbers in essays, so I posted a link that might better assist you. Other than that, your proposal was a pleasure to read. Be careful with spelling and punctuation. If you do need help, you have your peers here on the forum or the TLC at the college! Goodluck with everything Smile

How to Write Out Numbers in an Essay
http://www.ehow.com/how_6193067_write-out-numbers-essay.html

NancyLove

Back to top Go down

Proposal Informative Essay Empty Thanks for the feed back

Post  Kim Dang Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:36 am

Hi my friend!!!

I am very appreciative that you give me a feedback and send me a link that I can help myself how to improve my write essay more professional and I agree with you that I am a little bit confused about writing the number in the essay. I thought I can not use number in the essay, that why i use number in bracket for just in case. But now I understand fully from your help that me very happy.

Thanks

Kim

Kim Dang

Back to top Go down

Proposal Informative Essay Empty Feedback!

Post  Vianela Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:41 am

Hi Kim,
Your proposal is really interesting, but make sure you revise your work to correct the minor errors. I agree with Nancylove I would also like to know what you mean by “Until we are able to find a sensible remedy to the gas issue at hard..." because it sort of confused me a little.

Keep up the good work you’ve improve alot. Very Happy

Vianela

Back to top Go down

Proposal Informative Essay Empty Re: Proposal Informative Essay

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down