College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class session on November 22, 2010

Go down

Class session on November 22, 2010 Empty Class session on November 22, 2010

Post  NancyLove Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey guys,

Today's class was a very interesting one. Just as we did for the Tomson Highway journal, we broke into groups to discuss Why Blacks Get Mad and "critically reading" this essay definitely changed my thoughts on the way I answered my journal questions (lol). For those of you who haven't had your English class yet, you will soon find out what I mean. I will not be posting any answers right away. Challenge yourself to create a snapsnot from this. Who do you think is the intended audience? Think of demographics. At the end of class you'll probably say, "Oooooooooooh I never thought of it that way." It's normal. Just answer to the best of your ability and provide examples or proof for your opinions. Just remember that in order to fully understand the historical events included in Cecil Foster's essay, you need to take the time to watch videos on Rodney King (verdict and beating), the Watts riots in 1965, and the Toronto riot in 1992. These videos are posted here on the forum. Below is the video of the Toronto riot in 1992. I believe someone else has tried to post the same one, but the video doesn't show so here it is...

P.S. Work on your essay body draft and bring it in for next week's class. It'll be needed for the writing lab!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZtRw9II2s
The reporters look so YOUNG looool!

NancyLove

Back to top Go down