College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening Draft Paragraphs Of My Research Essay

2 posters

Go down

Opening Draft Paragraphs Of My Research Essay Empty Opening Draft Paragraphs Of My Research Essay

Post  luckemp Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:18 am

This is an admittedly weak beginning, unsure of where to put my main thoughts and I am having difficulty getting to the points. Please be harsh. I also couldn't find how to in-text cite website, just an ordinary website.

There are few schisms deeper, vaster, and more controversial than the one concerning the
teaching of evolution by natural selection, as a fact, in the classroom. This schism exists between
the community of science educators in public school boards, and the largely fundamentalist or
"conservative" religious. it is also arguable that even religious moderates can be coupled with the fundamentalists in this division. This is because both have now reached common ground in asserting that if we are teaching the "theory" of evolution, then we must at least give equal time to the theory of "Intelligent Design". What is Intelligent Design and why don't secular public school boards want to grant it equal time in their curriculum? What is it about Intelligent Design that repulses the educators of evolution, specifically by natural selection, or in some extremely rare cases intrigues them? Ultimately, the crux of the feud seems to be that the greater scientific community views the inculcation of Intelligent Design as tantamount to creationists getting their foot back in the proverbial classroom door.

As a fairly young and modern discipline of research, Intelligent Design (ID) has many proponents from far and wide, making it difficult to gather a clear definition or purpose. However, for this essay and for the sake of argument, Intelligentdesign.org will serve as a professional resource for such clarity. The website defines ID as "a scientific research program as well as a community of scientists, philosophers and scholars who seek evidence of design in nature". Much of the criticism towards ID is that it is a mutated form of creationism, however the site goes on to affirm, rather, that Intelligent Design "holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause". ID adamantly disagrees with one fundamental area of evolutionary discourse, natural selection, and it is for precisely this reason that the precipice expands further.

luckemp

Back to top Go down

Opening Draft Paragraphs Of My Research Essay Empty Re: Opening Draft Paragraphs Of My Research Essay

Post  kimberleyaubrey Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:55 am

Check out my link in the open discussion "This may help you with your bibliography" once you complete all of the steps, it not only gives you the full citation, but also the in text citation too!!

Smile

good luck!

kimberleyaubrey

Back to top Go down