College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research Essay ~!^^

2 posters

Go down

Research Essay ~!^^ Empty Research Essay ~!^^

Post  nanjoo Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Absence of Health in the Midst of Wealth

There are many serious problems that can destroy health in society, such as smoking, alcohol, and drug abuse. These days, weight problems seen in children are among the most serious problems in Canada. The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation named fat the “new Tobacco”. In addition, for children, being overweight is one of the biggest health diseases. (Jadavji, 2006) Thus, the comprehensive efforts of parents, food companies, and the government are suggested for preventing childhood obesity which is caused by physical, psychological, and social problems. Why are children getting overweight in Canada? Most of the informational resources on this subject mention that the most common reasons for childhood obesity are genetic causes, over eating and lack of exercise.

nanjoo

Back to top Go down

Research Essay ~!^^ Empty Re: Research Essay ~!^^

Post  LauraR Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

This paragraph makes me want more.. haha

This topic is really good.

I can't figure out what you will focus on though... i'm seeing effects of obesity, causes, solutions...
there is so much information available on each of these ideas that you might end up not being informative enough.(i'm having the same issue with my paper, so i feel your pain)
the title tells me you will be concentrating on the irony that the lack of health coexists with wealth. in this case, you would be taking a totally different approach, which is looking at how we buy MORE, but cheaper food. that is a totally different story- the demand for food, the finances involved, consumer's market, all that.

The feeling i'm getting from your paragraph though, is that you are interested in writing about the issue of obesity, and why it's happening; the fact that i'm not sure if that was actually your intention means you are not specific enough... you might find that narrowing your topic will allow you to gather more exact and valuable resources , which will allow you to put together a better paper.

Good luck with everything!!

Let me know how the writing/editing is going Smile
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down