College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses

3 posters

Go down

Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses Empty Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses

Post  trellou Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:40 pm

With today’s widespread invasion of information technology (IT), many were exponentially benefitted in different facets of each individual or groups of individuals’ life. It is evident that its presence has impacted in a positive manner in various areas of work related system. In the healthcare sector, information technology integration provides a number of advantages to perioperative nurses.

There are countless reasons that have led to the automation of various areas in the operating room. Increasing number of patients, and sometimes, information of each patient escalate continually, have idled some perioperative nurses by trying to look for and review patients’ records (Roeder, 2009). The absence of association of information between different applications and conventional database has caused inadequate access to clinical data opened up a crisis in the surgery room (Connor, Reinbolt, & Handley, 2001). Multiple drugs and incorrect drug doses added up to the errors that have raised mortality in patients with complicated illness (Bates, & Gawande, 2003). Occasionally, illegible prescriptions from clinicians are interpreted incorrectly, thereby decreases accuracy in enforcing safety into patients health and have affected decision making at times (Connor, Reinbolt, & Handley, 2001). Surgical workflow is deemed too complex to follow and has affected the quality, safety, productivity, and cost in the perioperative process.

I appreciate any help (grammar check, or anything) in improving my draft. Thanks in advance!

trellou
trellou

Back to top Go down

Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses Empty Re: Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses

Post  NikaT Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:50 pm

You need to put the quotation marks! Smile

NikaT

Back to top Go down

Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses Empty Re: Introduction to THe Importance of Informaton Technology to Perioperative Nurses

Post  trellou Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:13 am

Yes, thanks Nikki.
trellou
trellou

Back to top Go down

Post  Av6364 Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:02 pm

I have trouble connecting your sentences. It doesn't really flow together. Who is your audience? Since I don't know what information technology is, I can't relate well with your writing. If your audience is for general readers that do not know anything about information technology, perhaps you can clarify what information technology is by giving definitions so readers can understand it fully. Also, try to condense your sentences by shortening phrases. For example, the phrase "has impacted in a positive manner in various areas" can be shortened to "has impacted positively in various areas." For the phrase "provides a number of advantages" can be condensed to "provides numerous advantages." I think the word benefitted is spelled benefited.

Av6364

Back to top Go down

Post  trellou Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks Av... And you are right! The word "benefitted" should be spelled "benefited".

Here's a link in which other students may find useful in editing their research.

http://www.future-perfect.co.uk/grammartips/grammar-tip-benefited.asp
trellou
trellou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down