College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay

3 posters

Go down

Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay Empty Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay

Post  LauraR Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Preliminary Bibliography &
Proposal
Laura Radu

Derek Brown
November 17, 2010

Cox, B. J., & Swinson, R. P. (2002). Instrument to assess depersonalization-derealization in
panic disorder. Depression and Anxiety., 15(4), 172-175.
Depersonalization community. (2010, November 12). Retrieved from
http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/
Goldberg, H. (Director). (2008). Numb [Motion picture]. United States: Paul Schiff
Productions, Insight Film Studios.
Kring, A, Johnson, S, Davison, G. C., & Neale, J. M. (2009). Abnormal psychology. John Wiley
& Sons.
Lambert, M. V., & Senior, C., Fewtrell, W. D. , Phillips, M. L. , David, A. S. (2001). Primary
and secondary depersonalisation disorder: a psychometric study. Journal of Affective Disorders, 63(1-3), 249-256.
Neziroglu, F, & Donnelly, K. (2010). Overcoming depersonalization disorder: a mindfulness &
acceptance guide to conquering feelings of numbness & unreality. New Harbinger Publications Inc.
Psychiatric, A, & Psychiatric, A. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders:
dsm-iv-tr.. Amer Psychiatric Pub Inc.
Raimo, E. B., Roemer, R. A., & Moster, M., Shan, Y. (1999). Alcohol-induced
depersonalization. Bilogical Psychiatry, 45(11), 1523-1526.
Sierra, M. (2009). Depersonalization: a new look at a neglected syndrome . London: Cambridge
University Press.
Simeon, D, & Abugel, J. (2008). Feeling unreal: depersonalization disorder and the loss of the
self. Oxford Univ Pr.
Simeon, D., Guralnik, O., Hazlett, E.A., Spiegel-Cohen, J., Hollander, E., Buchsbaum, M. S.
(2000). Feeling unreal: a pet study of depersonalization disorder . American Journal of
Psychiatry , 157, 1782-1788.
Simeon, D., Guralnik, O., Knutelska, M., & Schmeidler, J. (2002). Personality factors associated
with dissociation: temperament, defenses, and cognitive schemata. American Journal of
Psychiatry, 159(3), 489-491.
Simeon, D., Guralnik, O., & Schmeidler, J. (2001). Development of a depersonalization severity
scale. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 14(2), 341-349.

Proposal
The essay will describe the condition called Depersonalization Disorder and will aim at scientifically proving the existence of the condition. This condition is difficult to diagnose and is rarely acknowledged by individuals, and most times, even the sufferer. The symptoms are extremely difficult to imagine and understand which is why individuals suffering from the disorder are often labeled as simply crazy. The research paper will explain the onset of Depersonalization, the triggers, the biological component, and the environmental contributors. It will describe the symptoms and characteristics. The struggle of those suffering from it will be looked at as well. Then, the essay will describe different individuals’ opinions about the disorder. Finally, the many different therapy, as well as pharmacological options will be discussed. The essay will conclude with a plea to all individuals to be more accepting and understanding of conditions such as the one described.
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay Empty Re: Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay

Post  LauraR Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:27 pm

LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay Empty Re: Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay

Post  Derek Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:57 pm

The forum has pinched the spacing, but this is great work. A really good example of a propsal and bibliography.

Thanks for posting.
Derek
Derek
Admin

https://comm1007.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Bibliography and Proposal for Research Essay Empty Feedback

Post  NancyLove Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi LauraR,

Wooow. That is a lot of information you want to cover throughout your research paper. To me, I feel as if covering all the subjects/questions you have, may be too much and might result in going over your word count. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you want to include in your paper but my advice is to try and condense it as best you can, so you're not going over the limit of words. My last comment is about your conclusion. You said, "The essay will conclude with a plea to all individuals to be more accepting and understanding of conditions such as the one described." I really feel that you should scratch the "plea to all individuals" out because it slightly then turns your paper into a persuasive piece. Our task is to prepare an objective essay and I think with the plea to all individuals is a way to convince your readers to agree with what you're saying. If you feel that you can get yourself around that, then by all means, stick with your plan. Overall, your topic sounds really interesting and I would love to read more. Goodluck with everything. Smile

NancyLove

Back to top Go down

Post  LauraR Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
I am definitely going to narrow down it down. i kept it broad because i didn't know how many sources i would find. now that i finished the bibliography i know what details to focus on. Smile
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down