College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal & Notes - Getting to know Dad

Go down

Proposal & Notes - Getting to know Dad Empty Proposal & Notes - Getting to know Dad

Post  Darrell9 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Getting to know Dad
The story is told in the first person:
It was February 2006 when my dad was first diagnosed with terminal cirrhosis of the liver. A stubborn and proud man, it took him almost two months before he let me and my brothers know he was sick. I found myself being so angry that he had done this to himself. He lived alone in a one bedroom apartment in Sudbury and a couple of weeks after he had told me; I went up to see him. What was to be a quick day visit, turned my life upside down. That was the beginning of an emotional rollercoaster ride that lasted for the next four months. I took a parental leave of absence from work and moved into my dad’s apartment. It was apparent that the effects of the disease were already starting to show. During the last few months of his life, we had to deal with a the onset of demenchia, a broken femur bone, some twenty-plus blood transfusions and decisions no child should have to make. During that time with him, our relationship got stronger. I became less angry at him and started to appreciate him for what an incredible man he truly was!

Recommed to keep it to 5 paragraphs

Darrell9

Back to top Go down