College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice

4 posters

Go down

Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice Empty Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice

Post  SeanSweeney Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Its going pretty good for me right now, im on the first paragraph. I was just wondering if anyone out there was struggling and if any of you had some tips for those that are?
SeanSweeney
SeanSweeney

Back to top Go down

Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice Empty Stressing out

Post  kimberleyaubrey Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm

I've just finished my 2nd paragraph of my essay and now I'm at a brain block. I am stressed out about this essay, I wanted to try and get a (very) rough draft done today but I don't think I'm going to be able too. I think a good tip would be to take breaks and try not to do the essay all at once to avoid stress.
What does everyone think about that tip? Good or a bad idea?
Any other tips for me?

kimberleyaubrey

Back to top Go down

Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice Empty Tips? ..Well for me, at least.

Post  SaaraHaarah15 Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah man, this is a real stressor. Shocked
But I don't know if this could be of any use to you, but what I did was I thought and came up with the bigger picture for my essay, which you could say was the proposal. Then, I took some of what Derek had mentioned to me about the paragraphing and structure. So I organized the sequence of events and what followed. Then, I began to write just short formed notes on how I wanted each paragraph to look and what is should contain. Now, I should be able write out each paragraph, filling it in more precisely with words and details.
Et, voila! You have your draft. afro

Oh. And do that chart thing. The one with the status quo, rising action, denoument... Incase you haven't? I found it quite useful.

SaaraHaarah15

Back to top Go down

Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice Empty This may help!

Post  ChenelleM Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Checkout the following forum post---> REVISING YOUR NARRATIVE ESSAY or WHAT IS A NARRATIVE ESSAY: All Your Questions Answered Here!

ChenelleM

Back to top Go down

Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice Empty Re: Anyone Struggling With There Narrative Essay? Any Tips/Advice

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down