College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 2 Virtual Tour : In order to have a full understanding of Cecil Fosters “Why Blacks Get Mad”

2 posters

Go down

Journal 2 Virtual Tour : In order to have a full understanding of Cecil Fosters “Why Blacks Get Mad” Empty Journal 2 Virtual Tour : In order to have a full understanding of Cecil Fosters “Why Blacks Get Mad”

Post  ChenelleM Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi everyone!

This is a virtual tour about the Underground Rail Road!

In order to have a full understanding of Cecil Fosters “Why Blacks Get Mad”, one has to fully understand the root of slavery against Blacks, and the reasoning behind coming to Canada in search of multiculturalism.

I encourage you to take this virtual tour
"Your body, your time, your very breath belong to a farmer in 1850s Maryland. Six long days a week you tend his fields and make him rich. You have never tasted freedom. You never expect to.
And yet . . . your soul lights up when you hear whispers of attempted escape. Freedom means a hard, dangerous trek. Do you try it"?
Shocked Raise up your volume & click here You are a slave.

According to Dictionary .com:
slavery
— n
1. the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune

2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work

3. the condition of being subject to some influence or habit

4. work done in harsh conditions for low pay

racism
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

ChenelleM

Back to top Go down

Journal 2 Virtual Tour : In order to have a full understanding of Cecil Fosters “Why Blacks Get Mad” Empty Good post

Post  NancyLove Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi ChenelleM,

I enjoyed that "virtual tour." It actually made me feel as if I was headed for a journey once I put my mind to it. It's just amazing how one person's courage and determination led to the taste of freedom for many other African Americans. Great post. Thanks! Smile

NancyLove

Back to top Go down