College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My plan for the narrative essay

5 posters

Go down

My plan for the narrative essay Empty My plan for the narrative essay

Post  JennieJung Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 pm

This is my plan for the narrative essay

P1: Brian, a computer programmer, is married to his dream woman, Angela who works as a wedding photographer. Brian has a bad habit that he always forgets to bring something such as wallet, house keys or his bag.

p2: One day, Brian forgets how to get home form the middle of downtown. In his panic, he calls Angela for directions.

P3: Several days after, Angela finds Brian has left his bag at home. She brings it to his work but he is not there. She thinks he is out for lunch or something. However, Brian calls her later saying that he was lost but everything is okay now.

P4: Angela thinks Brian's recent behaviors are too strange so she takes him to see a doctor. Doctor explains that Brian is developing Alzheimer's disease and it is very rare to happen at his age: mid-thirties.

P5: After a week, Angela finds Brian in a bathroom about to commit suicide. He cries out that he does not want to be such a burden for Angela's life. But Angela tells him nothing can bring them apart.

P6: Brian's disease develops very fast. He, sometimes, doest not recognize whom Angela is. Thus, she puts their wedding pictures every single space on the wall in their house so he won't forget.

P7: Angela wakes up finding Brian is dead with holding all their pictures on his hands. Angela keeps her love fore Brian for rest of her life.

Please, feel free to comment on my story.
Also, I couldn't come up with the title yet.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks Very Happy

JennieJung

Back to top Go down

My plan for the narrative essay Empty title idea

Post  SeanSweeney Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 pm

I read your story and I have a thought about the title, maybe you could call it "bridge to nowhere" "branching off"
SeanSweeney
SeanSweeney

Back to top Go down

My plan for the narrative essay Empty Possible Title Ideas

Post  ChenelleM Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Possible title ideas could be "Vanishing Life" or "Dreams Fading". The reason I think that these titles may work are because, both Brian and Angela are losing their lives as they knew it to a disease. Alzheimer's disease affects the family just as much as the person diagnosed.

I think you are off to a great start.

Good Luck

ChenelleM

Back to top Go down

My plan for the narrative essay Empty Re: My plan for the narrative essay

Post  JennieJung Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:19 pm

wow thank you so much for helping me Very Happy
it is really helping me~

JennieJung

Back to top Go down

My plan for the narrative essay Empty My Narrative Essay

Post  SeanSweeney Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:11 pm

A Country Let Down

Paragraph 1:

Halfway through the year of 1978 Sebastian Coe is a future olympic hopeful for Great Britain. While on a very intense training run sebastian coe feels an enormous pain in his hamstring. Ultra sound tests done later on reveal that he has torn his hamstring muscle and surgery may have to be an option if his hamstring cannot fully heal on its own. Putting his career to a devastating finish and great britans last hope for a gold medal gone.

Paragraph 2:

For the first 3 months of Coes rehab he is mostly stuck indoors. The only thing he is able to do is go to work and rest at home. 5 days a week light massage and different therapeutic work is done to speed up and make the hamstring heal better. For the last two months Coe feels alot better and results show that his hamstring has almost full healed. He is able to start dong light training on a stationary bike to get his cardio back up.

Paragraph 3:

Five months has gone by and Coe is fully healed. The first thing on his mind is to get back into shape. He has six months till the olympic trials are to take place and with the help of his Dad must map out a plan to get him back to full strength in the shortest amount of time.

Paragraph 4:

To get fit faster Sebastian Coe and his dad Peter decide that if they are to accelerate the rate in which Coe gets to his full fitness a training partner will be necessary . The first person that comes to mind is long time friend Steve Cram, who is also trying to qualify for the olympics. Both men push eachother to there limits in training and can see there hard work and teamwork starting to pay off.

Paragraph 5:

Sebastian Coe qualifies for the Great Britain Olympic as does his training partner Steve Cram. Both men must go through the heats for the 1500 meters in order to qualify for the final, and both do so successfully. Before the final both men wish eachother luck and then prepare for what may be the most important 4:00 of there life. The gun goes and all athletes sprint for position at the front. Only one can be crowned Olympic Champion and in the end it is Coe who by just a second outdoes John Walker from New Zealand.

Paragraph 6:

All athletes prior to the olympics were required to give urine samples for any positive results of performance enhancing drugs. Just one month later after Great Britans celebration of there new Olympic champion the country is hit with devastating news. On a late Saturday night BBC news reports that Sebastian Coe has tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and that the gold medal is to be handed over to John Walker of New Zealand.

Paragraph 7: Steve Cram heres the new and is absolutely devastated at the news of Coe. Steve Cram finds Coe at his home and makes it clear as to how angry he is that coe was taking Performance enhancing drugs behind his back. For Sebastian Coe it is the end of a career and the loss of a very good friend.

This is my first take on the plan, any suggestions or comments would be appreciated cheers
SeanSweeney
SeanSweeney

Back to top Go down

My plan for the narrative essay Empty WOW~!^^

Post  nanjoo Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:56 am

While reading your story, I felt like it's like a movie.
My story also deal with love.^^
I think if you would have described about how Angela keeps reminding Brian about their love and they live together for more years, it would have been a "happier ending".~!^^;

nanjoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Av6364 Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:22 am

Hmm...I'm thinking of the title "Sincerely Yours". =D

Av6364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down