College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Child Depression

Go down

Child Depression Empty Child Depression

Post  100694915 Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:49 am

Could someone help me with my introduction please? I ran out of time to go to TLC for this part of my research essay, soo..I need some (harsh) comments!

It is greatly believed that childhood is a time which characterizes a relative resistance from the risk of depression. However, depression can happen to people regardless of age, culture and socioeconomic status, that means children are not an exception. Children can experience depression at any age, even shortly after birth (Singh, 2010). Also, Null (2002) states that:
There is an incredible increase in the number of people who are suffering from depression. An increasing number of these are children. Instead of studying the reasons for this increase, society seems to think they have the answer to the problem of depression in the form of a pill. There was a time when depression was categorized as shameful mental illness causing the patient to be shunned from society. Even in the 1970s, people would never admit to seeing a psychiatrist or taking anti-depressant medication. (p. 2)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum