College English Forum 2010-2011
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read on!!!

2 posters

Go down

Read on!!! Empty Read on!!!

Post  NancyLove Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Hey guys,

I'm so sorry to be the one to rain on your parade with this post. This is for everyone who has been "stuck" on how to start this big research paper. Something I have learned from one of the best English professors I've had is to NEVER start an essay by writing the introduction first. Focus and start on your body paragraphs. When the body is complete, the introduction and conclusion will write itself. This saves a lot of time. You can not write an introductory or conclusion paragraph without the "meat" first. I see some of you have posted your introductions already but don't be thrown off or discouraged by this. You can always use what you have and incorporate it in your essay body. I hope I've saved many of you from sitting around and waiting for that coconut to fall on your head to start writing an introduction. And to those of you who have already started, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner! Goodluck to all Smile

NancyLove

Back to top Go down

Read on!!! Empty Re: Read on!!!

Post  ChenelleM Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 pm

NancyLove wrote: You can not write an introductory or conclusion paragraph without the "meat" first.

This is a very good point and will help you to have a essay that is focused and clear. Remember the audience only reads what you put on the page. So make it good!!!! Very Happy

ChenelleM

Back to top Go down