Preventing Type 2 Diabetes in Canada(body P1)

Go down

Preventing Type 2 Diabetes in Canada(body P1)

Post  ChenelleM on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Let me know what you think!!!!! Body P1
Ninety percent of all diagnosed people in Canada are comprise of Type 2 diabetics. Having Type 2 diabetes means that the pancreas gland located to the rear of the stomach, affects the body’s ability to produce insulin correctly. Insulin is central within the body structure as a hormone that regulates the level of blood sugar. Non effective use of insulin and high blood sugar levels result in Type 2 diabetes. To prevent and lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes early detection is essential, you should be aware of what to look for. Symptoms like, blurred vision, weight gain, drowsiness, cuts and bruises that heal slowly, tingling of the fingers and toes should not be over looked (Rosenthal, 2004). Not everyone is in jeopardy, so it is recommended that you get tested every three years after your fortieth birthday. At risk categories encompass, a family history of Type 2 diabetes fifteen percent more likely to get the disease, a member of a high risk group such as Aboriginal, Hispanic, South Asian, Asian or African descent, health complications associated with diabetes high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and are overweight especially if that weight is around the waist, high risk people should be screened earlier and more frequent according to the (CDA).

ChenelleM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Body P1

Post  smarquez on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi there,

I`m interested in knowing what your paragraph is before this one. The reason why I`m asking is because of they way this paragraph started.
I just want to see a flow.. As the reader it just jumped directly into Statistics, maybe try defining Diabetes and then continuing on describing the different types and then focus on Type 2.
As your reader, may not even know what Diabetes is nor will know if there are different stages.

great information though...

Sherryl

smarquez

View user profile

Back to top Go down